Allison Lazette-Magnan is a partner at Magdich Law, P.C. Ms. Lazette-Magnan graduated from the University of Michigan in 2004 with a Bachelor of Arts in both English and Political Science. She then went on to obtain her Juris Doctorate from Michigan State University College of Law in 2007. Ms. Lazette-Magnan was admitted to the State Bar of Michigan in 2007. She specializes in civil litigation with special expertise in insurance defense, including, PIP, third party, premises liability, as well as creditor’s rights, subrogation, and collections.
Ms. Lazette-Magnan joined Magdich Law in 2008. Currently, Ms. Lazette-Magnan concentrates on general negligence, premises liability, automobile liability, insurance disputes, medical malpractice defense, and subrogation matters. She has worked on all aspects of personal insurance protection benefits disputes and third party disputes, including successfully handling several jury trials. Some of Ms. Lazette-Magnan’s personal litigation successes include:
- Prepared/Filed Motion to Dismiss in the matter of Clear Imaging v. Liberty that resulted in the dismissal of Plaintiff’s Complaint based on forum non conveniens
- Successfully obtained funds back from counterclaim for fraud to resolve litigation in the matter of Isom v. Allstate (Case No. 09-0429-NI)
- Obtained the deposition of Plaintiff that lead to the filing of the Motion for Summary Disposition in the matter of Shields v. Select Specialty Hospital, which was granted and ultimately led to the dismissal of his action
- In the matter of Storer v. Allstate (Case No. 09-002992-NF) Wayne County obtained No Cause of Action at jury trial when demand to jury was in excess of $500,000
- Obtained a dismissal of the claim against Allstate as well as repayment of the adjuster’s fees paid in the matter of Strickland v. Allstate
Little Known Fact: Ms. Lazette-Magnan is originally from the small town of Portland, Michigan, where she grew up and graduated high school. Before attending law school, Ms. Lazette-Magnan earned internships working in Washington, DC for both a United States Senator and a Congressman, which she enjoyed immensely. Ms. Lazette-Magnan is currently on the Board of Directors for Girls on the Run of Southeastern Michigan. Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two dogs, as well as friends and family.