Jonathan P. Mona
Jonathan P. Mona has been with Magdich Law since 2013, and joined the leadership team in 2017. Since 2009, Mr. Mona has been in private practice specializing in civil litigation, with an emphasis on the defense of complex medical malpractice matters. He has gained significant experience in this area of law while representing many of the major hospitals, medical facilities, and physicians throughout the State of Michigan.
- MeKonnen v. Concentra Medical Center: In an lawsuit alleging medical malpractice, Defendant’s Motion for Summary Disposition was granted for Plaintiff’s failure to properly plead a cause of action consistent with Michigan Statute and Case Law regulating medical malpractice litigation.
- Sterling v. Select Specialty Hospital: In an action brought against various medical providers/facilities, Defendant’s Motion for Summary Disposition was granted for Plaintiff’s failure to timely submit a Notice of Intent to File Claim and failure to attach an Affidavit of Merit to the lawsuit pursuant to Michigan Statute.
- Harper v. Concentra Medical Center: Defendant’s Motion for Summary Disposition granted by the Circuit Court in a premises liability action, wherein a fall occurred within the medical facility lobby. The case was dismissed with prejudice based on Defendant’s Motion for Summary Disposition, and the client was saved approximately one million dollars in potential exposure.
- Martin v. Khan: 3rd Party Tort lawsuit in which the Circuit Court granted Summary Disposition in favor of Defendants premised on the fact that Plaintiff made material misrepresentations in her application for automobile insurance. The insurance policy was voided and Plaintiff was found to have been operating an uninsured motor vehicle on the date of loss.
- Abboud v. Allstate: In an action filed by Plaintiff claiming entitlement to No-Fault Benefits, the Court dismissed the case with prejudice secondary to Defendant’s Motion for Summary Disposition arguing that Plaintiff has failed to submit reasonable proof of the facts of amount of loss to sustain a claim.
Wayne State University Law School | Detroit, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate received in 2009
- The Wayne Law Review, Assistant Editor
- Wayne State Law School Moot Court Team, Senior Member
- Business Law Society, Member
- Thomas More Society, Co-Committee Chair
Wayne State University | Detroit, Michigan
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing Management received in 2005
- Dean’s List: Spring 2004, Winter 2005, Spring 2005
- American Advertising Federation, Member, September 2005 – September 2006
Little Known Fact:
Jonathan is an avid collector of vintage Nike “Air Jordan” basketball shoes.
You Deserve the Best Defense Lawyers
Over 100 Years of Combined Law Experience