Katrina A. Murrel recently prevailed on a motion for partial summary disposition in this case for payment of PIP benefits, pursuant to Tousignant v Allstate Ins Co, 444
Katrina A. Murrel
Katrina Murrel is an associate attorney at Magdich Law, P.C. Ms. Murrel graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Criminal Justice and went on to obtain her Juris Doctorate from Wayne State University Law School in 1995.
Ms. Murrel first began work for a firm that specialized in personal injury. Over the course of her career, she has handled an impressive amount of auto accident claim cases and has garnered an incredible amount of acclaim and respect among her peers. Ms. Murrel has dealt with a myriad of cases involving civil rights, employment discrimination and harrassment, health insurance disputes and medical malpractice.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of EEOC complaint for discrimination on the basis of weight and national origin lodged by former employee against West Shore Golf and Country Club.
- Prevailed in the Court of Appeals in the matter of Michigan Spine and Brain Surgeons v Auto-Owners Insurance Company (COA 340800, 12/11/2018) wherein Plaintiff claimed unpaid PIP benefits based on an assignment signed more than one year after the date of service. Court of Appeals held that plaintiff’s claim was barred based on the one-year-back rule, pursuant to MCL 500.3145(1). This ruling was upheld by the Michigan Supreme Court.
Wayne State University Law School | Detroit, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate received in 1995
- Free Legal Aid Clinic, Litigation Supervisor
Eastern Michigan University | Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts in 1991
- Magna Cum Laude
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Little Known Fact:
Ms. Murrel was ten years old when she realized she wanted to become an attorney after she argued eloquently and successfully with her grandmother as she was eating freshly baked cookies. The nature of the argument has been lost to memory, but the suggestion from a loving matriarch to follow the path to law school left quite an impression.
Ms. Murrel currently specializes in civil litigation with expertise in insurance defense, including no-fault PIP litigation and third party automobile negligence. Ms. Murrel is admitted to the United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, the United States Bankruptcy Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
She resides in Dexter with her three children and her dog. She is an active participant within her community and church and is well known for being an excellent fundraiser and event planner.
You Deserve the Best Defense Lawyers
Over 100 Years of Combined Law Experience